Vertigo Games and Jaywalkers Interactive have announced that Arizona Sunshine, their award winning shooter built from the ground up for VR, will be hitting PlayStation VR in the next few weeks, dropping a new trailer for the game in the process. The developers have also announced a new game mode designed specifically for use with the PlayStation VR aim controller.
You can check out the new trailer – which focuses on the PlayStation VR game mode – below. Arizona Sunshine‘s new game mode on PlayStation VR challenges players to complete the campaign armed with thirteen new two-handed weapons. While created specifically to provide the best experience when playing with the PS VR aim controller, in line with all of the game’s content, it supports all controllers, according to the developers. The game is set to have a number of features, including:
- Real-life weapon handling: Using VR motion controllers, handle, fire, and reload over 25 different weapons with real-life movements. Anticipate attacks, manage your ammo and aim down the sights to blast your enemies to undead pieces.
- Freely explore your surroundings: Move around without restraints to explore a series of huge southwestern American environments, including blistering-hot deserts, treacherous canyons and deep, dark mines.
- Enjoy a full-size single player campaign: The campaign mode is built in bite-sized VR chunks that flow together to form a full narrative. Whether you want to jump in for a short session or stay for the complete ride, we’ve got you covered.
- Join forces in co-op multiplayer: Combine forces with a friend in co-op campaign mode or multiplayer Horde mode for up to four players. But beware, more warm brains mean more, hungry undead.
- Put yourself through serious survival: Scavenge the environment, loot your enemies and manage your ammo and consumables.
Built from the ground up for VR, Arizona Sunshine is a full-feature game that puts you in the middle of a zombie apocalypse as if you were there. Explore post-apocalyptic southwestern America in a desperate search for human contact in campaign mode, join forces with a friend in co-op multiplayer, or jump into the endless multiplayer Horde mode for up to 4 players. Arizona Sunshine was released on PC on December 6, 2016 and went on to earn sales of more than $1.4 million in its first month of release, winning several awards not long after its release, the most prominent of which being UploadVR’s VR Game of the Year 2016.
The game is set to include VR realism with physics and particle systems provide next-level zombie mutilation, object destruction and an array of environmental effects. Arizona Sunshine is set to be released on PS VR on June 27, and it’s currently available on PC.