The Culling, a “kill or be killed” battle royale game from developers Xaviant, is set to be released on Microsoft‘s Early Access-esque development program Xbox One Preview. In conjunction with the announcement, Xaviant have released a new trailer for the game, which you can check out below. The game is set to hit the platform on June 2.
After first being announced for PC – the game is still on Steam Early Access – The Culling looks like it’ll be exclusive to PC and Xbox, with no official announcement about any form of release on PlayStation 4 or other consoles. Speaking about the game coming to Xbox One Game Preview, Xaviant CEO and Founder Michael McMain said in a statement:
“We are thrilled to bring battle royale to Xbox One with The Culling. Our team has put a tremendous amount of effort into controls, optimization, and balance to make sure the Xbox experience is top-notch. We couldn’t be more excited to use feedback from Game Preview players to take The Culling to the next level.”
According to the developers, the game is set to have a number of features, including:
- Intense 25 minute, 16 player matches;
- Sharpen your skills in the tutorial, or try your hand at the offline survival mode against waves of murderous robots;
- Battle it out in the lush island paradise of The Island or the intimate halls of Cul County Correctional;
- Gain levels and unlock more than one thousand customization items to help your contestant stick out from the pack;
- Choose your poison and pick from dozens of ranged and melee weapons;
- Turn up the action to 11 with Lightning Rounds;
- What’s a game show without events? Try your luck at Shake & Bake, Loot Piñata and more;
- Outfit your character with powerful perks and airdrops that could give you the upperhand in battle; and
- Victory is even sweeter when it comes at the expense of your friends. Play in private matches and find out who on your friends list is the best.
When the game was first announced to be coming to the platform, Josh Van Veld, director of operations at Xaviant, spoke about the announcement, saying:
“Working with Microsoft and releasing The Culling on Xbox Game Preview is a dream come true. We’re thrilled to bring our flavor of adrenaline-filled, competitive battle royale to Xbox fans worldwide.”