Video Game publisher Soedesco has announced the upcoming release of AereA, a music-themed, action RPG where you command four characters as they embark on a quest to return the nine primordial instruments to their rightful places and restore balance to the world of Aezir. The publisher, most known for releasing the likes of Earthlock: Festival of Magic and Theme Park Studio, has also released a trailer for the game, which you can see below.
Describing the game, which has been developed by Triangle Studios, the publisher has said:
“Along your quest to save Aezir, you’ll assemble a party of four characters, each with a set of harmonious, music-themed abilities and weapons. There’s Wolff, the archer, whose weapon is a harp; Jacques, the knight with a cello as his sword and shield; Jules, who channels magic through a lute; and, finally, Claude, the gunner whose weapon is a trumpet. Each character can be controlled by you as the player or cooperatively with up to three friends in local co-op.”
AereA is set to have a number of features once it hits the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, including:
- Enjoy the beautiful music by ‘Broforce‘ composer Deon van Heerden
- Lose yourself in the beautifully hand-drawn graphic style in 4K resolution
- Play as 4 different musical themed characters, each with their own unique set of abilities
- Fight 9 unique bosses, inspired by a specific musical instruments
- Explore multiple islands with a wide variety of biomes, enemies and puzzles
- Switch to local 4-player co-op to form a team with up to 3 friends at any time
Triangle Studios have also teamed up with composer Deon van Heerden for the game’s original soundtrack. In the AereA soundtrack, every Boss in the game has a specially themed instrument and each Boss has its own soundtrack featuring that instrument. The retail version of the game will include a full copy of the game’s original soundtrack as a Special Edition. The game is set to be released on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on June 30.