Perfect World Entertainment have announced that they will be bring Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in the coming weeks. This update features new endgame content including an adventure zone, an epic dungeon, a dynamic skirmish and a campaign which pits adventurers against a rogue group of four powerful mages, known as The Cloaked Ascendancy.
Describing Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy, Perfect World Entertainment have said:
“The former Cloak Tower inhabitants were ripped from their home during the Spellplague and flung into the Far Realm where they were ravaged and reformed. Led by Gyrion, the Cloaked Ascendancy has returned to stake its claim on the throne and take over the River District. Adventurers must journey into the new zone to explore and reclaim the city from this new threat. The Cloaked Ascendancy expansion also features an epic return to the new high-end dungeon, Spellplague Caverns; a new skirmish, loaded with innovative gameplay; new artifact gear and more.”
When the expansion was first released on PC, it brought a number of new features to the game, including:
- New Adventure Zone: Following its recent reclamation, The River District is quickly annexed by the Cloaked Ascendancy and serves as the setting for much of this new expansion.
- New Campaign: Drive the Cloaked Ascendancy from the River District to return it to its former glory and restore Neverwinter.
- Spellplague Caverns Dungeon: The culmination of The Cloaked Ascendancy, adventurers will experience the returning dungeon in an all-new epic version, as well as a levelling version.
- New Skirmish: “The Illusionist’s Gambit” presents an all-new highly dynamic challenge to adventurers where each attempt at the skirmish can be completely different than the last.
- New Artifact Weapons: Themed after the many locales players will explore in The Cloaked Ascendancy, these new weapons allow adventurers to harness the power of the Far Realm.
Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on April 11.